The school regularly holds an “Open Day” to enable prospective parents to have a look around our school. If you are interested in coming to visit the school please contact the school office to find out the date of the next session.
Autumn Term Dates 2017
Open Days for Prospective Families
Tuesday 31st October at 9.30am
Tuesday 28th November at 9.00am
Thursday 7th December at 10.00am
The decision to admit children to a community primary school is made by the academy in accordance with its admissions policy for the school.
Any child with a statement of special educational needs that name the school must, by law, be admitted, with reference to the oversubsctiption criteria. The number of places available to be offered may be affected by any decision to name a particular school for the children with a statement of special education need.
If there are more preferences expressed than places in the school, places will be allocated in accordance with the following criteria in order of priority to:
- Children who are or who were previously in public care, including those that have been adopted or been subject to a residence or guardianship order. (*see notes 1)
- Children defined as being in priority need within the categories of need defined by the children act 1989 or as having an otherwise professionally supported exceptional education, medical or social need for a particular school. (*see note 2)
- Children who have a brother or sister already in the school and who would be in that school at the time of enrolment.(*see note 3)
- Children who live nearest to the school. Nearness to school is calculated using a straight line measurement – ‘as the crow flies’. (*see note 4)
- The Revised School Admissions Code requires that priority to Looked After Children (Children in Public Care) be extended to include those who ceased to be Children Looked After because they were adopted or become subject to a residence order or special guardianship order.
- If you think your child has an exceptional educational, social or medical need for this particular school, your case must be supported by documented evidence from a doctor, health visitor, social worker or other medical professional, which must be submitted at the time of your original application. You will need to show why your preferred school is the only school that meets your child’s social or medical need and in each case there must be a clear connection between the child’s need and an explanation of the difficulties which would be caused if the child were to attend another school. The decision as to whether your child qualifies on medical or social grounds is made by the local authority.
- Sibling refers to brother or sisters, half brother or sister, adopted brother or sister, step brothre or sister, or the child of the parent/ carer’s partner where the child for whom the school place is sought is living in the same family unit at the same address as that sibling.
- Nearness to the school will be calculated using a straight line measurement (as the crow flies) from the child’s home address point determined by Ordnance Survey Data to the centr point of the school as determined by the LA’s computerised measuring system. Accessibility by car or public transport will be disregarded. If any applicants share the same address, i.e, live in the same block of flats or shared house, priority will be given to those closest to the ground floor and then by ascending flat number order. In the event that more than one child has the same distance, a decision will be made using random allocation.
If a tie break involves twins or triplets, the LA will offer place over the published admission number to accommodate the children.
The school is responsible for allocating places for the nursery, we follow the above criteria. Children are allocated place after their third birthday. The closing date for applications for September 2018 is Thursday 29th March. Parent/carers will be notified of their application by the end May, were we will ask if you can confirm if you are accepting the place or if you wish to stay on the waiting list.
If you would like further information please go to www.lbhf.gov.uk/admissions
Please complete all the admission forms below: