We are delighted that in September 2017 Greenside became part of a 3 academy Federation with Griffin and Lena Gardens with Karen Bastick-Styles as the Executive Head.
Each of our 3 academies has unique identity but we are also united as a ‘World Ready, Test Ready’ GGL Federation. Our Heads of School, Leaders, Teachers and Support Staff all enjoy the benefits of being part of a larger team and sharing ideas and resources – from Moderation of student work to sharing CPD opportunities and best practice.
Some of our Teachers teach at two of our academies.
Our Office and support staff share their roles across the Federation – we have a shared Finance Leader, Operations Leader and Senior Administrator.
Most importantly our students get to meet regularly and take part in projects, competitions and learning opportunities, these include:
- In September all the students from our Federations commemorated World Peace Day and marked the start of our new Federation with a day of singing in Battersea Park.
- We have held Federation Student Voice Meetings – where students set our priorities for charity and shared projects; this led to a joint non-uniform day and Art competition.
- Our Y6 students had a writing day together in Trafalgar Square and a Maths Conference at Griffin.
- Students across Key Stage 1 made videos about their year groups.
- Students have shared Reading Recommendation films to inspire each other.
- Students from our 3 academies worked together on a curating and producing a ‘Jigsaw’ Art piece – this can be seen at TEF Head Office in London!
We very much look forward to our continuing work as GGL and seeing just what is possible!